Who we are
Personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, postal address)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You provided the information in the course of making an enquiry about consulting services or other work engagement.
- You provided the information by commenting or otherwise posting on this website or other websites (such as social media) where content is relevant to Harrogate IT Consulting.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Someone who knows you has given your details as a contact point for an enquiry or work engagement.
We use the information that you have given us in order to respond to your enquiry and work with you as necessary. Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us on the email address above.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
- When you leave comments on this site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to this website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. We keep personal information without commercial relevance for no more than one year. We will then dispose your information by deleting messages and other data files, or by shredding paper if printed. All information relating to enacted commercial arrangements will be kept for seven years and then disposed as described.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at the email address above or in writing to the published postal address if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about my use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us through the email address or postal address given above.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk